Shoe size can change over time, tips on how to measure your feetmaster-log
When shopping for a new pair of shoes, nothing beats the experience of buying in a physical store. You immediately see and feel if a pair is right for you. But buying shoes online does have its advantages. If you do not have much time to go shopping, it is more convenient and time-saving to buy from an online store that is open 24/7. However, it’s understandable if you have qualms about buying shoes online. But if you know your shoe size and how to
How to measure your feet
Here’s our handy guide on how to measure your feet and find the right shoe size. You don’t need any special tools to measure your feet; all you need is a piece of paper, a pencil, a ruler, and a friend to
help you out.
Here are a couple of tips before you start. First, we recommend that you measure your feet at the end of the day. Our feet swell a little after a day of walking and it’s important to include that slight difference in size for maximum comfort.
Second, if you regularly wear socks, measure your feet while wearing socks to make sure the shoes will not be too tight.
You should also measure your feet’s length and width.
- Look for a flat and hard surface
- Put a piece of paper with the edge against the wall then stand on it with your heel also touching the wall.
- Have your friend put a mark on the paper where the longest point of your foot is (most likely at the big toe or middle toe).
- Repeat with the other foot. Take note that your feet may have slightly different sizes.
- Measure the heel to toe length of each foot using a ruler.
- To measure the width, repeat the above steps but measure from the widest point of your foot just below the toes.